Wednesday, August 14, 2013

About Me.


For some reason, I feel that every good blog must have a great introduction; a foundation from which the readers can hopefully understand where the author is coming from.  This is probably not going to be a best introduction, but whatever.  So... here it is, my version of an intro.  Just a warning, I am an avid list maker so you'll most likely see this format again.

  1. I am a 20 (almost 30) something with a stable marriage, a stable career, a mortgage, and a couple of fur babies.
  2. I live in Jayhawk Country.
  3. I am married to the most patient man in the world.  
  4. I must also mention that I'm married to MacGyver.  The man could build you a full size sedan out of a broken cork screw and a small piece of wire.  I'm serious.
  5. I come from a corporate family and lived a corporate childhood.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.
  6. I have moved a total of 13 times and have lived in 7 states.  Please refer to point number three.
  7. If I could compare my parents to any public figures it would be like this:  My dad is like Bill Gates with the discipline of a highly decorated military officer, and my mother is like Martha Stewart except a whole lot nicer and way prettier... she can make anything beautiful.  Their marriage is inspirational and incredibly rare in our society.  
  8. I am the oldest child.  My sister and I are incredibly different and incredibly alike at the same time.  It's fascinating. 
  9. I was a band geek and a closeted academic in high school.
  10. I have a degree in political science, a subject which I must implore everyone to never bring up during a conversation with me.  
  11. I spend a ton of time knitting, cooking, and reading.  Oh, and I am also one of those backyard chicken freaks.
  12. I deeply identify with Hermione Granger and Hillary Clinton at the same exact time.  
  13. I am wicked good at Scrabble.
  14. I find comfort in organizing Excel spreadsheets.. yes, I'm serious.
  15. I have a cosmetology license and practiced for about six years before I finally admitted that I can't talk comfortably to strangers.  
  16. I am now a banker and I love my cubicle.  
  17. I love to figure out how things work and I love to make people think that the end result just magically happened.
  18. I'm constantly on a mission to pump up my resume.  I want it to blow some bigwig's mind.
  19. The most ridiculous things make me happy.  Think.. fuzzy puppy YouTube videos and baby ducks walking across the street.
  20. I really cannot wait to be an old crazy cat lady.  It's going to be so awesome.  
  21. I drive a tiny car like a crazy Chicagoan on the streets of Kansas.  Don't look at my driving record.
  22. I have to end this list with an even number.  I can't help it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment