Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hello.

I've tried this before, this blogging thing.  Each time I sit down and try to think of clever things to say, pretty pictures to show and to make an attempt to be some sort of authority on a subject I hardly know anything about.  I might as well be a fraud.  I want to write about something I know.

The truth is that I'm intensely private.  Everything I say has been rehearsed and revised before the words are even uttered.  I have a strong sense of what is, and what isn't appropriate to share with others; a rubric which I have strictly adhered to all of my life.  To let someone in is not very much different than being admitted into a secret underground society.  I will not speak freely unless I feel that it is "safe."  This may explain why so many people see me one way, while my family and close friends see me as totally the opposite.

I guess writing a blog is a way to blend those two worlds.  The one where I must seem like a stand-offish, reserved woman, and the other where it must seem like I can't keep my damn opinions to myself.  This is where I'll write the words which I can't seem say out loud.  This is where I'll show that being and introvert is beautiful.

hello.


No comments:

Post a Comment